Friday, September 23, 2016

In Class Activity: The Making of a Meal

The first thing that comes to mind when thinking about cooking, is that I can't cook. It's not that I haven't tried, I'm definitely a food lover, but something or the other always ends up getting burned. If I was to prepare a meal for my class dinner party I would attempt to prepare dishes from my favorite cuisine, Korean. I would make Kimbap, Kimchi Dumplings, and Vanilla Ice cream.

In order to get the ingredients for these dishes I would have to go to Whole Foods and Great Wall.

Shopping List:
Kimbap:
- Sushi Rice
- Seaweed
- Chicken
- Cheese
- Egg
- Cucumber
- Carrots
- Soy Sauce
-Sesame Oil
- Teriyaki Chicken Marinade
Kimchi Dumplings:
- Bibigo Chicken and Kimchi Dumpling Packets (Frozen)
Vanilla Ice Cream

In order to prepare the kimbap, I would first marinate the chicken in teriyaki sauce overnight to the flavor sets in well. Then I would begin cooking the sushi rice and preparing the vegetables with sesame oil so there is more flavoring. When the rice is nearly ready I would begin grilling the chicken, and cooking the egg into and omelet. Once those parts are ready I would chop the cucumber, carrots, and omelet into thin strips. I would then lay the seaweed out and spread the rice on the center of the seaweed wrapper, followed by the strips of carrots, and egg.

Things to add:
- How I would roll the Kimbap
- How the cheese would be melted
- How I would panfry the frozen dumplings
- How I would make sweet soy sauce
- How vanilla ice cream will be soothing to the taste palate after the kimchi dumplings.



No comments:

Post a Comment